Party Wall Matters

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 allows for the building owner to carry out alterations to a party wall (shared wall) or build new foundations close to an existing building; as long as the adjoining owner is correctly notified and works agreed, and that any subsequent damage caused will be repaired.  

As associate members of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors we, at Antony Patrick Associates, can give advice to both building and adjoining owners implementing or affected by party wall matters including:

  • Issue and receipt of notices
  • Preparation of, or comment upon, relevant building proposals
  • Inspecting for, and agreeing, Schedules of Condition
  • Preparation and negotiation of Awards
  • Inspecting affected buildings and implementing awarded agreements as required